In today's world, people normally keep their wifi passwords hidden because it can be stolen by people and they might use it for longer durations making it difficult for the owner to pay the bill. You might also forget your password at times. Fortunately, there are some other techniques in which you can generate the password of your current network.
This is the method in which you can generate it again.
Finding the default password on your router
Routers normally have a default username and password. In the back of the router, there can be a sticker with the SSID symbol which can easily give you the password. You could get the password of your WiFi network in this way if you didn’t change the default password.
● You could also check the user manual of the router for more information.
● If you don't find it this way, then you can go to thewebsite, routerpasswords.com and then generate it.
● If you are able to find wifi password of your current network, do save it in sticky notes or your password manager so that you don’t forget it again!
How to generate password in Windows
● Open the Network and Sharing Centre present in the Control Panel and then click on it or you could click Windows button + R. In Run command prompt, enter ncpa.cpl.
● Click on your current Wi-Fi connection.
● Select the "Wireless Properties" which appears in the Wifi status below.
● Navigate to the securities tab and enable “show characters.”
● And, just like that your password will be revealed.
How to find password in windows 7 or earlier versions
● Click on the Manage Wireless Networks option in the Network and Sharing Center of the Control Panel.
● It will provide the user with a list of the previously connected Wi-Fi passwords. Double click on your current network to see the network's properties.
● Navigate to the security tab in the network properties window.
● Enable show characters to see your password.
Tricks to find password on other Wifi networks in Windows 8/10
● Click on Windows button and the key R.
● In Run, type cmd and click enter
● In cmd type the following command : netsh wlan show profiles
● To find password of other profiles, replace the profile name display in cmd by the name of the profile
● netsh wlan show profile name=profilename key=clear
● You can find the password under security settings, key content.
How to find password in MAC
If you are a Mac user, then you can find the password by pressing the Command +Space which is present in the Spotlight search box,
● In the search dialog, type Keychain Access and enter tso that the application pops up.
● You can easily locate the name of the Wifi in the list and click on the info button to provide you with the information.
● Select the Show Password which will easily reveal the password that was earlier used in the Mac.
How to generate password on Android device
If you have an Android device that is rooted, you can find the password in the following way:
1. Download ES File Explorer
● Tap on the list menu on the top left corner of the app and enable root explorer.By default, root explorer is not enabled in the app.
● Open the data folder.
● Under data, you will be able to see a sub- folder, misc. Open it and click on the sub-folder wifi.
● Open the file, wpa_supplicant.conf.
● You can see the password in the field “psk”.
2. Most of the Android phones are not rooted and luckily you don’t have to be a tech genius to find the password.
● Tap on settings
● Click on About Phone
● Scroll down to see the build number, tap on it 5-6 times.
● You will get a notification : You are now a developer
● Go to Developer options and enable Android/USB debugging
● Connect your smartphone to PC.
● Install ADB Driver on your system. By default they are stored in Program Files (x86)
● Navigate to Platform Tools
● Run the command prompt and type adb services to see if ADB is working and you are getting your device details.
● Type this command in cmd
adb pull /data/misc/wifi/wpa_supplicant.conf c:/wpa_supplicant.conf
● You will get the file in C drive of your system
● Open the file to view the password.
How to generate password on Phone or iPad
● To find out password from an Iphone, you need to have a jailbroken iPhone with Cydia application store.
● You need to install “WiFi Passwords,” on your iPhone to see the list of Wi-Fi networks and their passwords.
If none of these tricks work, you could reset the password of your router by opening the router’s website. You could connect it by LAN and sign in using the username and password. Ideally, you will be able to see the password section labelled under the Wi-Fi section. You could change it from this link.
If this trick also doesn’t work, then you could press the reset button present on the router. Hold it for 10-15 seconds, viola! your Wi-Fi password will be reset to the default one.